The Georgia Museum of Agriculture is introducing a new activity for this year’s Wiregrass Freedom Festival – a watermelon decorating contest! Details and rules are below.
- All ages are welcome to participate!
- Each participant must create their own decorated watermelon at home.
- Must use a real watermelon, no other items will be accepted.
- Paint, markers, glue, and other decorations are acceptable.
- No carved melons, please! Melons may be pierced with toothpicks to attach decorations but may not be cut with a knife or carving tool.
- There is no theme. Be creative!
- Melons can be dropped off on Friday, June 30th from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, or Saturday, July 1 between 9:00 am – 11:00 am.
- Please deliver melons to the welcome desk inside the Main Museum located adjacent to I-75.
- Winners will be announced on the Museum’s Facebook page on July 1 at 1:00 pm. You do not have to be present to win.
- Watermelons must be picked up by 2:30 pm on July 1, or they will be assumed by the Museum.
Contact the Museum with questions at (229) 391-5208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.